I have been trying to read more on sleep and dreaming. The whole process is so interesting to me.
I read only 15 % of adults are able to easily remember what happens in their dreams. Some people think they don't dream, but they do, their dreams were just not vivid enough for them to remember. Waking up with big motions, or waking up and thinking too much, like how to go about your day can distort your memory of your sleep.
The dreams I remember usually deal with memories. So it's not really hard to forget. I go to sleep thinking about it. I usually have some memory of it while I sleep. And I wake up thinking about it. I guess I force myself to dream about it. Probably can't consider it a dream. More of a premeditated dream.
The movie Inception was intriguing to me. The "falling feeling" thing made a lot of sense. You have that feeling of plunging to your death wakes you up. Or that near death part of a dream or nightmare. That sudden jerk that makes your body jump out of bed and you're grasping for air as if it were your last. The rush of adrenaline out of no where. Crazy how the mind can cause such knee jerk reactions when you are in the dead of sleep. Myths about dying in your sleep because you had a dream of you dying were busted. Study show many have had dreams of their own deaths and live to tell about it.
Ever stare at the person laying next to you in bed? I have a bad habit of watching them while they sleep. The calmness of their breath. How you can see their soft bevel of their eyes move under their eyelids. The most vivid part or their dreams is when you can see it move rapidly. Happens for maybe a few seconds to a few minutes at a time. Study show it happens every hour and a half or so. The last REM (rapid eye movement) could last up to 45 mins.
I'm reading more on how medication can influence your dreams and other types of dreams. Like lucid dreams where you're kind of awake but sleeping, semi sleeping in a dream.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment