Thursday, February 3, 2011

music

Someone special once told me music is my life.

It's a big part of it, but not my whole life. I use music to relate feelings, mood and memories. I'm eclectic when it comes to music. I'll listen to almost anything.

When your in a bad mood, you can jam to something a little harder like linkin park, metallica, nirvana. If your in a good mood, maybe a little Jason Mraz, Joshua radin, Landon Pigg. A little heartbreak? Maybe some Brian mcknight will help you get through the day. The one genre of music that can change a mood is a little r&b .... soul.

Anyone has at least one song they relate to someone. The song comes on the radio or your mp3 player... then all those memories of that person come rushing through. The smiles, the laughs, the tears. Like visual flash cards, months ... years ... of memories run through your mind within 4 minutes.

Music creates memories. The first time you kiss someone, the first dance you had with them. The soundtrack during the movie where she grabbed your hand and held it for the first time. The first song you heard when she told you it was over. You can hear that song years later and like an instant day dream you remember everything about that moment. How clear the night was. What they were wearing. How their perfume tickled your nose. Or how dark everything seemed to get, the sweat in your palms, that feeling of your heart dropping to the floor.

I can appreciate how general music can be, but if you're like me, you listen to the lyrics to see if it does mean something to you. Since the Apple update where you can make playlist on the fly on your ipod was the best idea they ever had. I have a playlist I add songs to everytime I hear something I want to play on guitar. Or that playlist named <3 that you add songs to that remind you of her.

It's pretty rare to find a song that completely describes your moods of thoughts at the time. You might like a chorus, a hook. But lyrics for part of a song or the whole song sometimes brings things into full perspective.

Right now .... bruno mars

You know Ill be waiting on the other side, and you just have to cross that line. I could wait a whole life time. But you just got to decide
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

No comments:

Post a Comment